Friday, May 16, 2014

Funk-Down Friday



New bit that your boy is instituting as of right now. Every Friday I'll be posting the most silly-slept-on jam I can possibly think of. 

Kicking things off, we've got Dexy's Midnight Runners with "Come on Eileen" busting in with overalls, banjo shredding and tail chasing. Since the lyrics are borderline impossible to understand, I went ahead and looked them up for you guys. Love the chorus --
Come on Eileen
Oh, I swear what he means (what he means)
At this moment you mean everything
You in that dress
My thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty
Oh, come on Eileen

This song's basically about a dude trying to get a slice from Eileen. If hearing this song doesn't make you want to grab the closest smoke and swing dance them Wedding Crashers style (love the panty-dropper move from Vince Vaughn at 1:50), I don't know what to tell you, you might want to rethink your sexuality. Heard Michael Sam doesn't like this song either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment