Friday, April 25, 2014

Daily Degenerate

Ok here's the thing about last night; The Pacers -3 was a smart pick. If you like to bet on sports, that was a pick you absolutely had to make. I know the Pacers are imploding right in front of our eyes and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Larry Bird fires Frank Vogel before the series is over. But at the end of the day, you can't pass up the #1 seed laying 3 points against a team that won 38 games this season. It was a solid pick no matter the outcome. 

Taking the Blue Jays was pretty fucking stupid. In hindsight, kind of liking Melky Cabrera doesn't really seem like a good enough reason to bet on them. Here are tonight's picks:

Bulls +2.5: Look, I honestly hope the Wizards win this game. As I've mentioned before, they are one of two DC teams that I root for, but you can't ignore DC sports track record. Tonight has the makings of an ultimate let down. The Wizards are up 2-0, it's John Wall and Bradley Beal's first home playoff game, the Verizon Center is sold out; but if you've lived in DC long enough, you know that all of those things are EXACTLY why the Wizards will lose tonight.

Rockets +2.5: The Rockets aren't gonna go down 3-0 right? I hate Dwight Howard as much as the next guy but I just can't see the Rockets losing three straight and being all but eliminated this early in the playoffs. 

Overall record is 7-5 going into tonight. I'll probably won't do DD on weekends but as Justin Bieber would say, never say never.

No comments:

Post a Comment